Real estate is a tough business. Referrals and leads from an agent’s sphere make up the majority of their clientele, yet only 10% of home buyers and sellers will use the same agent twice.
To earn referrals and win more listings, as a real estate professional you need to make a lasting impression on your clients, and to provide them with unique services & information that they’ll never forget. To accomplish that, as a REALTOR® you must…
- Go the extra mile for clients to show them how much you care
- Establish your reputation as a helpful and engaged agent
- Find a meaningful way to reach out to clients even years down the line
…all while doing everything you can to put yourself ahead of your competition. This can seem like a daunting task, but the truth is, there are easy ways for you to connect with your sphere and get those coveted leads and referrals.
1. Keep Your Finger on the Pulse of New Trends
Today’s homeowners are savvy (and thrifty!) when it comes to investing in a new home. With the fluctuations of the economy over the past decade, buyers are very concerned with saving money and keeping their bills low. They want lower bills and smarter homes—and if you can highlight that in a listing, both the property and YOU will shine!
Utilities are the second-largest bill after mortgages, so highlighting the energy efficiency of a property can actually help it sell faster, and for more money! Armed with this knowledge, you can help your seller clients make their homes more efficient before it goes on the market, or provide an energy profile of a home already on the market to your buyers in order to help them invest their money in homes with lower operating costs.
Energy efficiency is just one example. Other trending topics on the housing market include…
- Smart home technology
- Solar panels
- Tax rebates
- and more!
HomeSelfe RE is a great tool to get access to unprecedented data on these topics. We’ve developed a platform based on cutting-edge technology and trends to help give REALTORS® the market edge. Generate beautiful, branded reports on energy, solar, and smart home tech, or use our vast content library to share articles, videos, and infographics with your clients and showcase your expertise.
By paying attention to what homeowners care about most, you can use that information to build an amazing rapport with clients, and secure their future business.
2. Start Marketing Yourself on Social Media
Social media gives you a platform to stay connected with clients long-term, but marketing yourself on social goes way beyond just getting potential clients to “like” your page. Social content is a powerful tool to increase your visibility and provide value to your sphere.
By regularly sharing quality, value-driven content, you can…
- Get a reputation as an expert agent. The content you share should showcase your “insider” knowledge on the housing market and trends. Topics like those mentioned above (saving money, energy efficiency, smart home tech, solar, home improvement, etc.) appeal to both current homeowners and future sellers—and will make them want to turn to you when it comes time to buy or sell!
- Keep your name top-of-mind with your followers. Many social platforms prioritize paid content over “organic” content, so unless you’re running expensive ad campaigns, only a fraction of your following will see your content. You need to be sharing content on a consistent schedule—multiple times a week at the least!
HomeSelfe RE’s content library is an amazing resource for social content. You can grab-and-share content that’s branded for you directly from our app, or you can automate your social media marketing, with new content posted automatically to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. It’s an effortless way to improve your visibility and branding.
- Get instant endorsements for your business. When you post about hot and trending topics, your social followers will be more likely to engage with your content in the form of likes, shares, and comments. That activity then appears on the Newsfeeds of their followers—letting them know YOU are a REALTOR® they can trust!
- Get the competitive edge. Consumers LOVE to shop online. Social media has become a place to research products, read reviews, and ask for recommendations. If you don’t have an active social media page and/or following, but your competition does, then you’re at a disadvantage. A big social media presence is one big step ahead of the competition.
With smart social media marketing, you’re not just nurturing your sphere—you’re expanding it!
3. Leverage Social Media to Get Quality Leads
We’ve talked about how social media can increase your sphere and referrals, but how can you turn initial impressions into leads—and better yet, those leads into listings?
Here again, HomeSelfe RE comes to every REALTOR’S® aid. HomeSelfe RE has an automated lead-gen platform that uses social media to draw in prospects via a proprietary energy audit. Homeowners get the promise of learning how to lower their utility bills, and you get a list of qualified, quality leads.
With a touch of a button, you can quickly generate the branded reports we mentioned earlier… which provide a perfect opportunity to reach out and get your foot in the door with your new lead. Use those reports to enhance your listing presentation, then to sell the property faster and for more money, further cementing your relationship with the client and increasing your chance of getting referrals.
HomeSelfe RE helps REALTORS® every step of the way.
With these strategies, you have three clear ways to create more meaningful touch points with your sphere and set yourself apart from the competition.